So my idea for my final project was to plan a (fictional) makerday for a library. I was reminded by Linda at SLV that I had not done a Lotus template document earlier in the course, so I realised that by filling out one of these I could organise and note down the ideas that had been swirling around in my head. It also helped me to clarify to myself a range of points comparing the different issues facing this kind of activity in a school library as opposed to a public library. Lotus template – makerday
Next I used a Diigo account to collect some links I found while doing my research. https://www.diigo.com/user/librarysnoozer
Finally I used Glogster to create a poster for my school library Makerday. http://karaby.edu.glogster.com/school-makerday/ (don’t try showing up on the advertised day though, I’m afraid it’s not really happening…unless I start getting organised REALLY quickly!)
I found all these tools really useful in this project. As usually happens, reading about them didn’t necessarily instill a huge sense of excitement but once I actually started using them, their value became much more apparent. I think I’ll be continuing to use the Diigo account in the future for keeping track of interesting links.